Evening Tour Sea Turtles
An evening trip to the beach, where the sea turtles come to lay their eggs. A unique experience you should not miss.
In the afternoon you will travel by bus and boat from Paramaribo to the beach (approx. 1,5 hour).
On the beach there is enough time to walk around, to paddle and/or to see the amazing sunset. We enjoy a Surinamese diner with a glass of rum or beer.
After the sunset, you start walking over the beach with a guide, to search for sea turtles. There are guidelines that you have to be followed to make sure the sea turtles won’t be disturbed. The entire process of coming onto land, laying eggs and returning to the sea takes approximately 1,5 to 2,5 hours.
After this extraordinary experience we return back to Leonberg, this will be after midnight or sometimes even later.
You will return to the departure point by bus, with a unique experience you’ll never forget.
- Dark colored clothes
- Long pants and sleeves (warm enough for evening / night)
- Closed shoes
- Possibly an extra set of (dry) clothes
- Closed shoes
- Rain poncho
- Snuggle Wrap (useful against sun, rain, mosquitoes)
- Guide (Dutch & English speaking) trained in the rules governing the responsibility of visiting the nesting beaches of sea turtles*.
- Hot meals and drinks (juice, soft drink, water, beer, rum).
- Transport from Zus & Zo to Leonsberg (and back).
- Transportation by boat tent.
*During the visit to the sea turtles, the company follows the WWF (World Wildife Fund) guidelines. This to prevent that the sea turtles will be disturbed during their process. The guides are trained to follow these rules, which they also will explain to the guests.
Important: The tour varies by how far the walk will be and how long it takes and whether sea turtles will be seen. You should keep in mind that it can be a long walk. Walking on the beach is always heavier and more tiring than on a paved road.
During the season from February to July.
- Every Tuesday and Friday from 4 people, other days on request. If you are with less people you can always submit your reservation, we might have other customers so that we can combine.
Registration Time: 16:30 At Zus & Zo / Bikes in Suriname
Departure time: 16:45 At Zus & Zo
Return: Can vary greatly per trip: between 10 p.m. to 03:00. Sometimes it can be later.
Guests are returned to the starting point: Zus & Zo or the next guest accommodations are marketed to return:
Anton Dragtenweg / surrounding VAT : Marriot, Residence, Eco Resort, Torarica, Royal Torarica, Queens, La Petit Maison.
Appartementen Noord: North Resort, Tran Elite, Kristal Apartments, Kaikoesie Apartments, Felisa Apartments, Bina Inn Apartments.
Guesthouses within 400 M of Zus & Zo: Albergo-Alberga, Twenty4, Downtown Oasis, Greenheart, Pied a Terre.