You have the option to start your trip from Paramaribo with us or using your own transport to the boat departure point Atjoni. Travelling with us from Atjoni, we expect you at 12:00 am at the boat departure point. The distance from Paramaribo to Atjoni, on a asphalt road, is about 185 km and takes about three hours. Afterwards you will sail 1 hour by boat from Atjoni to Knini Paati.
From Atjoni transports the boatman, you safely across the Suriname river to Knini Paati, one of the most beautiful places on the Upper Suriname River in the middle of the Amazon rainforest of Suriname. Knini Paati now brings the most beautiful contrasts together for a holiday for a long time with you will bring. Your host Nelson ensures that your experience is an intense time Knini Paati.
- 9:00 am departure from Paramaribo, 12.00 arrival at Atjoni, 13:00 Arrive at Knini Paati. When arriving at Knini Paati you will immediately enjoy the lunch.
- The whole afternoon you can relax and enjoy the Sula (water speed) and environment.
- 19:00 Food is served in the evenings, and then 20.30 to spot the Caymans.
- 8:00 am breakfast.
- 9:30 village visit nearby places of villages.
Sail to the surrounding villages. A village walk through the nearby villages of Nieuw Aurora and Tjai Kondre, two different villages in faith. We also visit the a medical post Laduani. We meet different people who will give us a tour and a colorful mix of Dutch, Surinam and Saramaccan village will share their story with us.
- 12:30 Return village visit with immediately after lunch.
- You can relax during the day and enjoy the Ferlulassi Sula (water speed) and the environment.
- 19:00 you can enjoy a totally catered barbecue evening.
- 8:00 am breakfast at 9:00 followed by a jungle walk (1.5 hours).
- During the walk you can enjoy the beautiful vegetation in the middle of the Amazon rainforest of Suriname.
For the remaining hours you can relax, enjoy the Sula area.
- 12:00 Lunch will be served in order to return to Atjoni / Paramaribo
* 17:00 arrival Paramaribo
Four Days Tour:
There will be an extra day in which will be a visit to the village pinkin Slee.
8:00 am breakfast, 9:00 departure to Pikin Slee, 10:00 arrives at Pikin Slee. 14:00 return Pikin Slee, and you can enjoy your lunch. You can check the remaining hours of the day, relax and enjoy the Ferlulassi Sula (water speed) and the environment.
Departures: Monday and Friday.
The price includes a visit to the villages and guidance to walk and explore the area, staying in lodges, three meals a day with drinks excl. Alcohol. Transportation from the city to Atjoni and return, transport by boat from Atjoni to Knini Paati and back. Upon departure from Paramaribo you get breakfast on the way. You have a choice of hot beverage and soft drink.
Departure days: Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
* In consultation departure days can be changed
What to bring on the tour:
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Cap or hat against the sun
- For a night out for walks long trousers and shirt with long sleeves wise
- Your photo and film equipment and Charger
- Airy, preferably cotton clothing
- Towels for swimming
- Robust sneakers and water shoes
- Mosquito repellent
- Rainsuit / poncho