On the way to and from the lake we drive on the highway along Paranam. If necessary, there can be stopped for a short break. Once on the afobakkaweg we pass several resorts and the village Brokopondo. In the village Afobakka we will use the boat ramp. During this trip we sail by boat from the boat ramp along the dam and the lake. The dead, above the water excellent, treetops and panoramic views make the reservoir to an impressive environment.
An adventurous hour by boat from the boat ramp, we will start at a group of islands with fishing. We will fishing from the boat, with bait, the Tukunari corner. If you want you can fishing for Piranha or from an island.
Lunch is served on board or on land. After lunch (at 13:00) will begin the start of the journey. With an hour we are back at the boat ramp, from where the journey by car continues to Paramaribo. Around 17:00 you arrive at your accommodation.
Please note that the tour takes place in the outdoors and natural surroundings.
- Tucunare / peacock bass (Cichla ocellaris)
- Piranha (redeye piranha)
Fishing Warranty: average
There will be sailed on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.
Departures: between 4 and 6 am from your accommodation
Duration of trip: 1 day (12-14 hours)
You will be picked up in Paramaribo. Then, driving with trailer and boat to the Afobakka dam. Professional sport fishing (Marcraft Commander) includes: 90HP outboard, electric bow motor, fish finder, GPS and a bimini. The Commander is known as stable and comfortable.
Included in the tour:
- Transport from accommodation in Paramaribo and vice versa by air-conditioned car
- Professional sport fishing boat
- Fishing rods and all supplies
- Snacks, fruits and non–alcoholic beverages
- An experienced Dutch / English speaking guide
- First aid kit
- A hat or cap against the sun
- Rainwear, long sleeves and pants
- Sun Block
- (Photo) camera
- Comfortable- closed -and sturdy footwear
- On location, follow the instructions and directions
- Mosquitoes gel